Leaving Certificate 2021
The Leaving Certificate exams will begin on Wednesday 9th June. Please find below the following arrangements for the safe running of the exams.
6th Year State Exams- Summary of Assembly
- Leaving exams early
- For the leaving cert exams, you may leave early.
- This being said, it is strongly discouraged. You never know what you might have missed, it is always worth re-checking your paper!
- Rules for entering and exiting exam centre
- On the first day, you must arrive at least 30 mins before your first exam.
- We advise arriving at least 15 mins before the rest of your exams.
- You are not allowed to enter the exam center if you are more than 30 mins late.
- For any exams that include an aural, you are not allowed to enter the centre late. You will have to wait until the aural section has finished, and you may sit the written paper.
- You are not allowed to leave in the first 30 mins or the last 10 mins of an exam.
- You are not allowed to bring any bags into the exam center
- A room will be set up to facilitate leaving your bags (please do not leave any valuables unattended)
- You are also not allowed to bring your phone into the centre
- A box will be left with the exam attendant outside of your centre
- It is advised that you put a label with your name on it on the back of your phone
- What you need on the day
- You must bring your own calculator, colouring pencils, maths sets etc for any exams that require these.
- Log books will be provided for you however.
- You are not allowed to use your own paper/ graph paper etc, this is all provided for you.
- For any exams that will be computer scanned for correcting, you must have a blue or black biro/ ballpoint pen.
- You are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Computer scanned corrections
- Firstly, please do not panic about these exams. They are in no way designed to affect you or your results.
- It is merely a means of speeding up the correction process, and eliminating any error in calculations!
- The following exams will have at least one element of computer scanning for corrections;
- Maths, chemistry, physics, biology, politics and society.
- As previously mentioned, these exams must be completed in blue or black biro or ballpoint pen.
- There is a new answer book for biology and chemistry. Please make sure that you indicate your subject, level, and paper version (Irish or English), by shading in the relevant circle on the cover.
- You will also need to use a new page for every answer you complete.
- Practically, please make sure that all of your answers are marked clearly in the spaces provided, or your answer may not be scanned correctly!
- Other than this, please do not be too worried about these exams, both your superintendent and myself will be there on the day to answer any questions you may have.
Exam Centre Locations
- All of your exams will take place in Gracefield house.
- You will remain in the same centre and seat for the duration of all exams.
- A list of exam numbers and centres will be placed around the atrium on Wednesday.
- As stated previously, for your first exam, please arrive 30 mins early, and come straight to the atrium.
- Due to Covid 19 restrictions, we will be unable to provide lunchtime study. It is encouraged that you would go home between exams, or else Balbriggan Library has reopened.
- Lunch will be eaten outside weather permitting. If it is raining, specific locations will be set up for you to eat lunch in.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Lattimore via email
We understand how difficult the last two years have been for all students and we wish them all the very best as they sit the exams. We hope that they will fulfill their dreams and we will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
Loving God, be with me now as I
prepare for my exams.
Thank you for the many talents,
gifts and the opportunity of education
you have given me.
Calm my nerves & anxiety,
help me to remember all that I have
to express it clearly
and to answer the questions to the
very best of my ability.
Holy Spirit, be with me in my exams –
and always. Amen.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in
every situation, by prayer and petition, with
thanksgiving, present your requests to
God. (Philippians 4:6)