Leaving Certificate 2021
Please read important information with regard to the Leaving Certificate 2021
Yesterday evening the State Examinations Commission issued an information update regarding the arrangements for the Leaving Certificate Examinations.The immediate key points to note are outlined below.
- Revised completion dates for Leaving Cert practical coursework in the different subjects have been indicated to your teachers who will discuss them with you.
- Confirmed dates for the conduct of Oral examinations are between 26 March and 15 April.
- The practical Music test will take place in week 2 of the Easter break.
- The Leaving Certificate Examination timetable is available here.
- The Candidate Portal to allow students confirm their subject and level entry details will be open from 12 noon on Wednesday, March 10th and remain open until 6 pm, Tuesday, March 16th. Students will need to create their own account before using the portal for the first time and will need their examination number to do so. The PIN for each student is the first four digits of their PPSN. Students will not be given a further opportunity to indicate their sitting of examinations beyond these dates. Students are advised to select the levels at which they are currently studying their subjects, but will be given an opportunity to change the level at which they sit their examinations at the end of April/early May and this is the level at which they will receive an accredited grade. On the day of the written examination they may choose a different level paper, but the accredited grade level will not change.
- Any candidate unable to sit an examination as scheduled, for any reason, will receive an accredited grade whether or not they opted for one.